Thursday, April 29, 2010

The end...

HOME SWEET HOME! I am officially back in my own bed and couldn’t be happier. My travels were relatively easy—no delays, a pedicure to pass time during my layover, and friendly flight attendants. I swear I woke up every five minutes on the flights though, thinking that I’d been out for at least three hours and that we just HAD to be home already.

Looking back now, I think I’m still trying to process the whole experience and figure out my feelings toward everything. I loved it, I hated it, I handled everything exactly right, I regret so much…I have no idea. In any case, I am so incredibly grateful to Cleanevent and to the SPTE department for this incredible opportunity. How many people can say that they have seen the behind-the-scenes of the Olympic Games, and witnessed some of the most historic moments in sports in the flesh?

Here’s what I do know: the living conditions made me more independent and more humble. The job made me more flexible and more resilient. The people made me more accepting and more willing to be spontaneous. And just being at the Olympics made me even more passionate about everything that the Olympic spirit entails. I am confident that with time, the bad things about the experience will fade away and I will be left with just fantastic memories and an improved version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment